Hagvangur – a brief introduction
Hagvangur, founded in 1971, is Iceland’s oldest consulting firm in the field of management and human resource management. A recruiting, hiring and head hunting agency since 1976, Hagvangur has decades of experience working on the Icelandic job marked. The foundations on which Hagvangur‘s long term success is built, are integrity, honesty and the unwavering faith in treating people with dignity and respect.
Our senior staff has MS, MBA or Ph.D. degrees in business, management and work psychology coupled with vast experience in most types of leadership, management and HRM consulting. Our combination of experience, education and talent enables us to confidently take on both larger and smaller projects and deliver excellent results in a timely and cost-effective manner.
Hagvangur is a proud partner of EMA Partners International - Excellence in Executive Search, and a distributor of Hogan Assessments Systems in Iceland.
What Hagvangur can do for its clients
Our capacity includes (but is not limited to) the following:
- Recruiting and selection at all levels of the organization.
- Communicating and working with the corresponding labor unions.
- Writing, translating and localizing employment contracts.
- Writing, translating and localizing handbooks, processes, regulations etc.
- Managing, planning and administering training for staff.
- Designing and implementing performance appraisals.
- Management and leadership training and development.
- Building teams at all levels.
- Writing, translating and localizing a HRM policy.
Hagvangur has successfully worked with over 90% of Iceland‘s 300 largest companies in branches, including banking, insurance, heavy industry, building, financial services, IT, telecomunication, engineering, retail, pharmaceutical, logistics & transportation and more.