Workplace inspector - Efling
Efling Union wishes to hire a workplace inspector for a full time position. The purpose of workplace inspection is to ensure employers’ compliance with laws, regulations, and collective contracts regarding workers’ rights. The inspector will undertake inspection in workplaces covered by the agreement between ASÍ and SA on workplace IDs and by law 42/2010, and will report to the office of the chairman of Efling. The start date of the position is preferably in January 2020.
• Regular, daily inspection visits to Efling workplaces according to schedule and outside of schedule as need be.
• Filing and reporting of information regarding suspected violations obtained during inspections.
• Communication with other relevant regulatory authorities concerning the labor market.
• Communication with members.
• Coordination and resource-sharing with other Efling departments and union representatives as need be.
• Passion for labor rights, union work, and working class struggle.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to work autonomously with initiative and self-discipline.
• Proficiency in Icelandic and English. Proficiency in other languages spoken by Efling members (Polish, Lithuanian, Romanian, etc.) is a bonus.
• Experience of common office software (Word, Excel, etc.).
Please apply on Hagvangur´s web and include a CV and a cover letter in english on or before December 15th.
For further information please contact Geirlaug Jóhannsdóttir, firstname.lastname@example.org
Efling is the second largest union of the country with up to 30.000 members in the capital area and the south part of Iceland. The union protects the rights of its members and fights for improvement of their wages and working conditions.